People frequently ask what ETA means, well it simply means Electronic Travel Authority. This is frequently given to visitors to process & distribute online visa to people visiting a particular country.
The ETA validity varies from–country to country i.e. that of America is different from Australia or India. Validity is often between 3 months-12 months or more and it starts to read from the date it was issued.
The Visa Myanmar is stored electronically without any requirement for stamp being placed on your passport. This is also a simple, adequate and efficient way to collect visa payments & avoid long waits at international airports, sometimes considered better than issuing visas to travelers or tourists as they arrive at custom which is a norm.
Also notable with this system is using this system helps countries-keep better data on how many people will be visiting their country at any given time and are also preferred by travelers.
And it’s even advisable because it decreases any anxiety about whether or not you will be able to obtain a visa once you arrive in the country, you’d have known your fate before you leave your source.
Let’s focus on Myanmar since it’s also one of the Countries who current issue e-visas as it’s also known as.
Requirements for ETA travels to Myanmar.
The Myanmar e-Visas are valid for 90 days from a date of issue. Myanmar e-Visas allow for a single entry and stays up to 28 days for Tourist and 70 days Business from the date of touching down at Myanmar.
- Your passport expiration date shouldn’t be in the next six months upon date of arrival.
- If you are on a business trip, you are required to provide a letter of invitation from Host Company in Myanmar explaining the relationship to the applicant and the purpose of travel while applying online more like a cover letter. In addition, the letter must indicate the period of stay, place of stay, and host’s contact information.
- You can upload a photo when applying online, instead of providing physical passport photos.
- When it’s like a group or a team, you might all want to stay in various hotels, please provide copies of each reservation, so as not to be turned down or deported upon arrival.
- Also for payments of Visa fees must be provided with Money Order. Payment arranged through Credit Card, master or visa card. Cash is definitely not accepted.
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
A visit to Myanmar is epic, without further ado, visit Myanmar and you’d tell the story yourself.